Job Title Director of Marketing Operations (Remote)
Category Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
Assent Compliance is the global leader in supply chain data management. Combining leading-edge technologies with extensive manufacturing supply chain regulation expertise, Assent provides SaaS solutions that manage third-party data to protect corporate brands, increase market accessibility, and reduce operational and financial risk. Assent continues to grow and scale at impressive growth rates (>45%) and is quickly expanding globally to respond to market demand.
Assent is seeking a confident, driven and experienced Director of Marketing Operations. We are looking for a team member who has solid business acumen to provide the right insights through the lens of data, systems, people and processes. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) the Director of Marketing Operations will use a range of methods to lead marketing initiatives to support and drive performance against targets, provide visibility into decision making, and build a robust marketing operations team that continues to innovate at scale.
This role is open to candidates from a virtual home office in Canada or the US.
You will drive projects and processes leveraging your experience in building, operating and growing modern marketing technology stacks. You will serve as a positive, dynamic team member that will find collaborating cross-functionally and thinking critically through marketing puzzles equally compelling. You will be a key contributor to Assentâs growth and success. In this fundamental marketing leadership role, you will:
- Manage marketing operations processes, including lead management, database management, segmentation, and attribution modeling;
- Collaborate closely and productively with the Sales and Integration Business Operations (business systems team) to align decision making and priority setting;
- Enable the marketing team with insightful dashboards and analytics that inform program optimization in a timely and easy to digest manner;
- Collaborate with Integrated Business Office on complex cross-functional analysis and scoring models that can be leveraged in Marketing automation processes to target and engage prospects and customers effectively across the lifecycle;
- Manage marketingâs lead and management process, (capturing, scoring, filtering, enriching, routing) and assigning high quality leads to the correct sales rep ensuring timely distribution of MQLs and ongoing optimization of lead scoring model(s);
- Participate actively in the overall leadership and culture setting of the Assent Marketing department;
- Coach, lead, and develop the skills of the Marketing Operations team while increasing the comfort and confidence of the full marketing team in data-driven decisioning;
- Work closely with our partners in the organization to build new functionalities and identify, troubleshoot, and correct any issues with the marketing tech stack;
- Develop creative, data-driven solutions to complex problems that increase the return on marketing investments (ROMI) and enable greater efficiencies for subsequent campaigns and programs.
- Manage marketing team budget - collaborating closely with corporate finance team to track and manage actual budget to forecast;
YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelorâs or higher degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
Your experiences have given you a strong understanding of marketing strategy and organizational awareness. Youâve spent time contributing to B2B SaaS marketing expansion in a growing company. We strongly value your talent, energy and passion in addition to:
- 5+ years of experience working in a Marketing Operations/Automation role;
- 5+ years of management experience, preferably leading marketing operations teams;
- Experience working in and across Marketo, Salesforce, and marketing databases - the full marketing technology stack;
- Experience translating marketing analytics insights into actionable recommendations for Demand Generation and Account Based Marketing teams;
- Excellent strategic and tactical communication skills with the ability and knowledge to frame complex digital marketing, CRM, and technical concepts in a way that facilitates discussion;
- Experience designing and managing marketing automation deployments, implementing and measuring complex nurture programs, and integrating new technology into marketing tools;
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics software, and a demonstrated data-driven approach to marketing that has impacted decisions and company objectives;
- Demonstrated the ability and interest in balancing strategic marketing operations needs with tactical actions and activities;
- Experience in scaling an emerging team to a mature operations and analytics engine;
- Evidence of contributing genuine value to your employers as well as your partners.
Whatâs in it for you?
At Assent, we are an ambitious, fast-paced business which means there is never a dull moment. We strive to give back to our employees as much as they give to us.
In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect to:
- Work for one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America!
- Love what you do as part of a supportive and collaborative team with a fantastic culture
- Do purposeful, meaningful work towards better ethical and environmental conditions around the world
- Help create positive change by being part of a sustainable work environment with lots of opportunity to help the local community through our charitable work.
At Assent, your contribution has purpose. Our team challenges each other to be better every day; we dig deep to build a culture of innovation and high performance for our people and our clients.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.