Job Title Technical Accounting Manager
Category New Accounts Clerks
Salary 23 USD
Technical Accounting Manager
California - Pleasanton /
Finance and Legal - 808-G&A Finance /
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva's software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation . As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it's up to you.
As a Technical Accounting Manager you will have in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting research, pay great attention to detail, and have a strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an accurate and efficient close and financial reporting process. You will partner with the Sr. Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting to deliver results under deadlines and effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment.
What You'll Do
- Assist in technical accounting matters to support the organization, including conducting and documenting research of non-routine accounting transactions to conclude on the appropriate application of U.S. GAAP.
- Monitor FASB and SEC activities to assist in identifying any potential impact of new pronouncements and prepare technical accounting standard updates on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in drafting footnotes and other required disclosures for our quarterly Form 10-Q and annual Form 10-K filings with the SEC.
- Prepare and/or coordinate detailed work papers to support disclosures included in financial statements and SEC Filings (e.g., footnotes, MD&A, business overview updates).
- Assisting with the preparation of other SEC and statutory filings (e.g., 8-K, S-3, S-8, Proxy).
- Maintain and update summary listing of accounting issues, summarize key issues and exposure items.
- Responsible for the quarterly preparation of stock-based compensation and earnings per share calculations, the statement of cash flows, and statement of stockholders' equity.
- Establish, maintain, and ensure compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") documentation and requirements.
- Works on special assignments and ad-hoc reporting as the need arises.
- Work closely and effectively with internal and external auditors, including facilitating and coordinating requests for our integrated financial statement audit.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA required.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in either public and/or industry accounting.
- Excellent understanding of current US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Ability to research and propose resolutions on complex accounting issues.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and proactive. Must have a strong work ethic and be able to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft accounting memos to support conclusions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Workiva Wdesk and Equity-Edge.
- Experience with the SEC reporting cycle.
- SaaS/Software industry experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
- Flexible PTO and Work from Anywhere Policy
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva's headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.